Should you need any assistance during the conference, contact the people with blue conference T-shirts!
Conference registration is open on June 25 between 12–19 in the main building of University of Tartu (Ülikooli 18, No 1 on map).
Additional information desk is situated in Jakobi 2 (No 3 on map). There is a team of helpful staff, familiar with the programme, University and surrounding area, to whom you can turn when in need of assistance. We are here to assist you during the conference times.
See other maps!
University of Tartu offers a wireless internet service free of charge for all users and visitors, the period of use is not limited. In order to connect to Wifi, please use the UT or eduroam networks.
Eduroam, or Education Roaming, is a project allowing the users of academic computer networks free access to the Internet at all the institutions which have joined the project.
UT-public WiFi users can authenticate themselves with:
- Facebook account
- Google account
- Manually created account
The Conference4me smartphone app offers you the most comfortable tool for planning your participation and personal EASR 2019 conference schedule. You can browse the entire program directly from your phone or tablet and create your own agenda. The app is available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone devices.
To download the free mobile app,
- visit http://conference4me.eu/download
- type ‘conference4me’ in Google Play, iTunes App Store or Windows Phone Store
- or scan the QR-code below
Every conference room is equipped with a projector and a computer.
We kindly ask that you bring your presentation with you on an USB or make it downloadable from the internet.
University Multimedia service is available at Lossi 3 building, opening hours 9–16. The entrance is on the Lossi street, you will see a sign that says “Multimeedia talitlus” (No 15 on map).
You can also print at “Koopiatehas” (Ülikooli 10; working hours: 9–12 and 12.30–17, No 16 on map).
You can safely drink tap water anywhere in the city.
During the conference free lunch will be offered to the registered participants. Lunch is available between 13.00–14.30 from Wednesday to Saturday. Lunches and tea/coffee will be served in the back yards behind the UT Main Building (Ülikooli 18) and Jakobi 2. You must show your conference badge in order to avail of the catering.
There are many restaurants, pubs and café’s in the town centre. Conference participants are encouraged to discover them on their own! We recommend:
- Werner Café Lounge (Ülikooli 11): ever since the café’s founding, it has been the main meeting place for professors and students, poets and artists. The longest cake stand and great coffee.
- Meat Market Steakhouse and Cocktail Bar (Küütri 3): most of the animal kingdom is represented here.
- Café Truffe (Raekoja plats 16) has won several gastronomy awards. Can’t beat the location – it is in the very centre of Tartu!
- Vein ja Vine (Rüütli 8): good wine for a great price, authentic Mediterranean nibbles to go with the wine and a really friendly atmosphere.
- La Dolce Vita (Kompanii 10): authentic Italian food.
- Kohvipaus (Rüütli 7): perfect place to grab a coffee, healthy salad or baked pastries to go.
- Püssirohukelder (Lossi 28): the pub is located in an 18th century gunpowder vault carved into the hillside. Good food, live music and very reasonably priced beer.
You will find Tartu – as well as the rest of the country – running a very secular business week, with supermarkets open from 9:00 till 22:00 every day.
In case of emergency, Sõbra Prisma (Sõbra 56) service is available any time.
Banks are usually open until 17:00. You can find ATMs around the Town Hall square. Please note that in Estonia, you get cash before you get your card back. Don’t forget your card!
Weather in Estonia is very seasonal. The average summer temperature is fairly mild, varying between 16 and 20 degrees Celcius, but can reach up to 30 degrees Celcius. Summer in Estonia tends to be very light, with 19 hours of daylight known locally as the ‘white nights’.
Weather forecast in Estonia is available at https://weather.ee/.
Closest pharmacy (open 24 h, No 17 on map) – Raekoja plats 1a
University Main Building (No 1 on map) – Ülikooli 18
Tartu Visitor Centre (No 17 on map) – Raekoja plats 1a
Train station (No 13 on map)– Vaksali 6
Bus station (No 14 on map) – Turu 2
Tartu Airport – Lennu tn 44, Reola küla
The Estonian area code is +372
Emergency services 112
- Elektritakso +372 1918; +372 588 588 00
- Takso Üks +372 1210; + 372 53 444 000